Gaming is not just fun and games, it’s an innovative way to engage all of us – students and adults – in the real workings of our democracy that transcends the boundaries of traditional schooling. This session, presented virtually, will offer curated presentations by game developers on some of the key elements of their games as well as a panel discussion on what the games have in common and how gaming can deepen understanding of democracy both in school and out.
• Arana Shapiro, Games for Change (moderator)
• Anahita Dalmia, Agents of Influence/Alterea
• Jennifer Javornik, Filament Games
• Justin Edwards, Active Citizen
• Carrie Ray Hill, iCivics
• Greg Trefy, Gigantic Mechanic